Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My friend Dawn...

My friend Dawn lost her battle yesterday with cancer. She was by far one of the funniest, honest, truly authentic women I have ever known in my life. We shared a love of wine, laughing, and of all things...crayons. I will forever treasure the thank you note that she wrote me in crayon with a picture of us holding hands. I had truly hoped to walk the 3 day this year with Dawn, but we didn't iron out the details. I saw her when I returned from California in July. Our kids played together at Chuck E. Cheese and we talked and talked and talked. I loved her. Have you ever met someone that you have to just hug everytime you saw them. She kissed me hello the first time we ever met. I thought it was weird. But, after one night of girl talk..I knew it was just Dawn. I never told her hello or goodbye after that without kissing her on the cheek. Love your friends. Honor them. Honor their children. I will honor her by getting a mammogram SOON and forever telling anyone who wishes to listen how awesome a human being she was. I am sad. I chose not to visit Dawn in the hospital the last 16 days. I couldn't. I did not want to see the funniest person I had ever known like that. I chose to remember the Dawn that made me laugh until I peed my pants. Her boys were blessed to have her as their mother. She treasured them more than she treasured anything else!

Another friend from Sherman...Julie Sharp is battling Hodgkins Lymphoma. She is currently at the hospital for a 5 day round of chemo. She has a 6 month old and a 2 year old. We both went to TAMU-Commerce. She is the sweetest, giving, God loving girl. Pray for her!!

0 comments: