Monday, November 10, 2008

Leaving for camp...

So, I made it through the weekend. I actually got all my tapes done...with the exception of one. I am packed. Macy is packed. We're ready...AND ta da...it's pouring outside. UGH. That stinks! But, it will be fine...I packed cards...we'll be fine.

I have a specific prayer request if you will bless me while I am gone by praying for me. Pray for peace. Pray for MY peace. I am really at a crossroads in my life. For those of you that are my friends that are also parents at my school...please don't freak, BUT, I've grown weary. I'm tired. I'm starting consider this career path. I took this job because I honestly had never been "called" by the Lord to do anything. And for the first time in my life I truly believed that God was calling me to do this job. And I did it and I have done it and I am burnt out. More than anything I'm tired of the petty crap that goes along with it. The nitpicky crap. Tired of never being "off." Tired of getting calls at 4:30 on a Sunday about a W4. PICK, PICK, PICK, PICK. If it's my idea, it's not a good idea, never mind that we have over 125 kids in our little preschool. Never mind that for the most part...things run smoothly everyday. Never mind all that. Let's pick on Buffy. Buffy is really, really tired. So, because I have 5 days of (semi) quiet I promised my Mom and Chris that I would reflect on my future there. There are other opportunities for me. The best one is that I could just do my medical transcription from home and stay with the kids all day. But, I have to say it....MY KIDS LOVE THEIR SCHOOL. They would want to go there everyday. So, I'll pro/con it to death this week just like I've done everything else in my life and maybe God will send me an answer.

I am excited about this week with Macy. I'll post Friday or Saturday.

Till then...Just tell everyone I'm at Rehab...hahahaaaaa!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

working at a preschool seems so overwhelming to me! thanks for posting that specific request! I know sometimes it's hard to be brutally honest, especially when you do a job that is working with other people's kids!

have fun at rehab!!

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

You and I need to chat. I was at a point about 3 years ago where I had to make the same choice. It took me a while to understand that God does call us to certain things. But, when our work is done, He calls us to move on to other things. Sometimes those things seems silly or too simple or too overwhelming or too...whatever it may be. Nonetheless, that is our new calling. You already know the right answer, whatever it may be. It's not that you need to find the answer. You need to find the place in your heart to accept the answer and be at peace with it.
Make your choice, present it to the Lord, ask Him to let you know if it's right or wrong. You'll know His answer beyond the shadow of a doubt, and you'll be okay with it.

(I know. Who knew Mormons could actually be deep thinkers?) ENJOY HUGGING YOUR TREES!!

Unknown said...

Okay, well I'm not freaking out because I can see how tired you are. I know how the job takes its toll on you, and I commend you for realizing that there may be a better life for you. If you decide to take that path, then please, do what's right for you! Don't worry about the school, or the kids, because life will go on. Have a great week~