Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The board has met...

We had our board meeting tonight. It was heated. It was 2 1/2 hours long. I survived. I'm too tired to say anything more than...for this moment, I have decided to stay at the preschool. Not sure what my future holds, but I will continue to look to my Lord for guidance and to you...my friends (you're my friends, right) for support and kind words and advice and PRAYER!! I know that you...Kathryn...Jenn...Whitney read this and have a lot of things to say...and I promise I will return calls and emails soon. I'm just so consumed with this right now...I'm surviving. Not much more than that.

Also, wanted to mention...yesterday I spent 5 1/2 hours with Mason at the doctors office/hospital/x-rays...For those of you that don't know, Mason was a preemie. Underdeveloped lungs...always has had breathing issues. So, I've really had a concern about asthma for a long time. We have always been with the same pediatrician's office. Never had a different doctor. So, every time Mason gets sick (which is often) we hear...Sinus infection...Omnicef....$35.00. Okay, so now our doctor has an associate that we had to see for Maddy's well visit and I was so impressed with him that Mason saw him yesterday because our other two visits in a month with the doctor we've always seen didn't seem to be getting the job done. So, six weeks with a cough...double sinus infection, double ear infections...needs a tonsillectomy ASAP, pneumonia and we FINALLY got a diagnosis of asthma. Thank God! We needed that. He needed that. I had set aside $249.00 yesterday for a Wii for the kids Christmas gift. I spent $35.00 on our copay, $94.39 on our prescriptions, $25.00 on gifts at Target because I have mothers guilt that he's so sick and $37.89 on gas for the trip...so I'll start saving for another Wii pretty soon.

He slept better last night than he has in six weeks. We did a chest xray yesterday, he has a little spot of pneumonia, but nothing major. He did two breathing treatments at the office, got a Rocephin shot, started an antibiotic at home for five days, we are doing a steroid "burst" for three days and he is now on an inhaler 4 times a day until we can get it under control and nightly allergy medicine. Yes, I have THAT kid. But, as long as he starts to feel better, I am thankful. So thankful...

So, MY FRIENDS...bear with me. I'll be back to "normal" soon. What is my "normal?"

Love you all!!!

3 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

CALL ME!!!! I have two asthmatics. I've been there and done that and can tell you what to expect, etc. I may also have a few words for you on the pre-school thing. Maybe. Anyway, CALL ME!!!!

Unknown said...

How bout a super sized cyber hug coming your way! I love you!

C said...

Oh, but to have some answers and more help ... ahhhhh. I'm so glad you can do more to keep the asthma at bay now. That's super fabulous!