Saturday, November 15, 2008

Back from Rehab...

And oh, what a week it was...five days actually. I lived. I survived. It wasn't quite as quiet as I had expected, but it was so pretty. It was a great week for Macy and I. I survived without coffee. I survived without my computer. And I took my phone, but kept it on silent...I don't have a watch people. I have a phone to tell me what time it is!! Now, by Friday I told Ms. Ruth...my feet are really pissed at my butt and thighs right now!! But, I did it. I don't know what I'll do when it's time for Mason and Maddy to go...I'll be so much older...just kidding..I'll be there with bells on. It was such an AWESOME week!

So here's a review of my week...which I'm sure will bore you to death...

Day #1...Arrive at Camp Goddard. Two hour drive from here near Ardmore, Oklahoma. It pouring. Our luggage gets dumped in the pouring rain and we get locked out of our cabin with our luggage. I get assigned 8 girls. I only actually know four of them. Macy and Sydney cry because we don't get Erin. The girls are a mix of several different personalities, but all seem to be GREAT girls. I am happy. Lunch is served. Food was soooo good. Shocking. We head for a two hour Scavenger hunt. That was exhausting. Rest in the cabin. Movie night for all the groups together. Showers for 8 girls...1 bathroom. Lovely. Lights out by 10. I slept so good.

Day #2. Breakfast...yummy. We are separated into three groups. We were group B. Two other schools groups hike with us. 24 kids total. Three counselors. One male group. One female group and us. First Hike-man and water. We hike up a dried up waterfall. So pretty and slippery. Second hike...Man and the Environment...again...long hike. Lunch. (I feel like all I did was eat and walk, eat and walk). Arts and crafts. Snake man came to show the kids snakes and let them touch them. I waited outside for them. Thank you very much. Do the shower and bed thing all over again...EXCEPT...I didn't sleep. UGH.

Day #3. Eat. Geology...go hunt for fossils. That was fun. Boating...Canoeing. Forgot I knew how to do that. Had a GREAT time. Eat..AGAIN!! Cross country hike. 2 1/2 mile hike. It was beautiful. We were warned by the other groups for three days how hard it was, etc. etc. I got midway through it and said to the other counselors...have we gotten to the hard part yet? Because I'll tell you what is hard...two toddlers in strollers at Disneyland in July. That's hard. I got a laugh!! Game night for the kids. I got two hours to myself. I took a HOT shower for the first time all week and finished Tori Spelling's book. She cracks me up! Bed.

Day #4. Eat.eat.eat.eat. I swear I ate more in 5 days than I have in a month. Today was fishing, archery, science experiments and food, food, food. I shot the bear target in the butt!! Go ME!! I was so excited. We had a skit night. We did the skit that I did when I went to 6th grade camp. It was hilarious. We didn't win Best girls Cabin, but we did come in second which I was so proud of out of 21 groups. We lost to my friend Ruth's cabin. It came down to cabin checks and anyone who knows the two of us knows shes the better housekeeper...so I was still proud of my girls.

Day #5. Clean up, pack and head home. Oh, but you still have two meals you have to eat before you can leave.

I seriously have been home 24 hours now and haven't eaten once. Got coffee. But, no thanks on the food.

Now, about work. I've prayed a lot. I've thought about a lot of things. I have talked to the person that is going to take over as committee chair for the school. I think that if we can negotiate some things as far as my freedom to make decisions and BE THE DIRECTOR, I'm good. I am not a businesswoman. I am a kid lover. I can't imagine leaving all my hard work behind. So, we have a meeting Tuesday night. Let's hope things go well. Because I really am at the point that if it doesn't I will be done. That night. But, I have a really, really good feeling about it and pray that God will watch out for me and my family...but, I already know he will..in whatever happens.

And as promised...here are some pictures. Can you see the happiness in my face? Even I can. I love my Macy. I figure this is one of the last times I'll be cool enough to hang out with her for a week....



0 comments: