Saturday, November 29, 2008

Here's what we know...

Let me fill you in on Mason first and then I'll get to Black Friday....

Called the doctor at 9:30 on Friday morning and left a message for the nurse explaining that we were waiting on some test results on Mason. She called me back within the hour and told me they were on the doctors desk...OH, the doctor that is in Austin? YES! Oh, well could you have the OTHER doctor (the one that I don't like) review them and let us know something. Okay. They called back at about 11:30 to let me know that his blood work looks good. BUT, we still need to go to have his other tests on Monday at the hospital. So, we're going to do that. I was being the doctor today and was examining his throat and inside of his mouth. Ick!! It's gross. He has sores in his mouth. The roof of his mouth looks like a giant hickey!! Ew!! I know! But, seriously! What is wrong with this sweet little man of mine? Pray for more answers on Monday. We are so, so, so relieved that his blood work is normal at this point. That is definitely an answered prayer for us!

Okay, Black Friday shopping. I woke up at 3. ICK! I met my Mom at her hotel in Sherman by 4 and we were in Kohl's by 4:30. Then, we proceeded to wait 1 hour and 10 minutes in line for the following ridiculous items that I purchased. Ornaments (they were 60% off and they had cupcake ornaments that I didn't have), two children's Christmas Aprons (which we have already figured out will not fit Macy), and a Candy Land game for $3.99. Can you believe that I did this? But, I kept telling Mom the whole time she was obsessing about standing in line that we could be standing in line or we could be sitting in our car outside Target for an hour...so to take her pick. We stood in line. I love how when you're in a long line like that after Thanksgiving that you make friends with your line mates. It's so cool. That doesn't happen at Disneyland or anywhere else, but in line at a store the day after Thanksgiving I always meet the coolest people! So, we trucked on and headed to Target. We got there right as they were opening the doors. I guess the Target people decided to hire the Chick-Fil-A cow for their security guard for the morning and it was NOT cute. He was annoying. So, the crowd overtook him and headed in from all directions. Chaos. I think I've mentioned this before, but crowds put a panic in me like no other. I have a complete fear of getting trampled, getting closed in, not being able to get out. I always have to have an out. And today at Target, I didn't. I felt as though my throat was closing in. I am 5'3, so needless to say most people are taller than me. We were like cattle being herded back to the electronics. You could not move. I didn't have a basket to protect me and some girl behind me kept hitting me in the ankles and butt with her basket. I don't know if she was being pushed, but it was pissing me off. But on I forged for....The entire season of Sex and the City for $8.88...only to get Season 1 and Season 6-Part II. UGH!! So disappointing. We also hit Old Navy, Wal Greens, Wal Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Michaels, and Target again...Did you guys hear about the guy who worked at Wal Mart in New Jersey who got trampled and died? See!! I tell you...it happens!!

I almost started to cry when my Mom took me back to my car to come home (at the early ripe time of 9:30). Yes, we were done by then!! My Mom is not a hugger. I can be a hugger, but I never, never, never hug my Mom. She's kind of off hands when it comes to hugging. And...my Mom hugged me. I miss her so much everyday, but we had a great Thanksgiving. Chris and I decided we will go to Houston for Christmas, but we're only going for two days.

So, there you have it...That's my story...

2 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

I was at Target, but got there at 6:28. The thing I wanted was gone, but I checked online and it didn't have very good ratings. So, I'm okay with that.

I was at Wal-Mart right when it opened, and got what I wanted there, but it was PACKED. I think they violated some fire codes or something with all the people in there. Nuts, I tell you. NUTS!!! (But I still love the thrill of the hunt on Black Friday)

So glad Mason's tests are so far, so good AND that you got to be with your mom.

Anonymous said...

Buffy, Thanks so much for reading my running blog... it is so crazy to me that the support of a complete stranger gets me out the door or stops me from eating a second piece of pie, but it DOES make a difference! I'm guessing from looking at your blogroll that you must have found me through Christine at welcometomybrain? I'm praying Mason is okay...

Corey