Saturday, January 31, 2009

My weekend...

I have had a GREAT weekend...My friend Misty texted me Friday morning wondering my plans for the weekend...clean the house, my answer. She lives in Paris. I used to babysit her kids and we went to church and played Bunco together. She recently went through a divorce and I've been there, done that and not many of our friends there have. She and I have grown so close in the last few months and I am so thankful for her. She brought the kids last night after I got off. We all had dinner at Olive Garden (all eight of us-FIVE kids)!! It was so great to see "my kids that are her kids" again. We didn't go to bed until 10:45 and were up early for donuts and coffee! We have had a great day together with our kids shopping, playing video games and laying around. And talking. And catching up. And being friends. I very rarely have friends over just to "hang out" and it was so nice to do that.

My Mom has the flu. I feel so sad for her. I wish I could be there to help her, but I'm not sure what kind of help I would be. I'm just worried about her. She was going to try to come for Mason's party this weekend, but now I'm assuming she won't.

I talked to our neighbor today. Her daughter is very bruised in the chest area. But, they found something suspicious when they did an x-ray because of the wreck. They found a mass on her thyroid. Sometimes God does things for mysterious reasons and they do not believe that they would have found that mass if not for the accident last week.

Please pray for Wesley. He went to the hospital today vomiting blood. I received a text from Kristy in a little while and they are thinking that he has an ulcer from all the medicine he has been having to take....

I guess that's it for me...Have a great Super Bowl Sunday...

0 comments: