Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SSoooooooo.....

I celebrated my 33rd birthday yesterday. No biggie. Just another day. But, my sweet husband did remember this year and had flowers sent to me from my friend Shannon's shop. My entire school somehow snuck down to the Fellowship Hall while I was working on paperwork and then called me down to the kitchen to "surprise" me and sing happy birthday to me. They even wheeled out a gigantic cake for me. So sweet!! I received lots of nice gifts and am blessed.




Yesterday, besides turning 33, I also went to the doctor. For months I have had this yucky feeling of yuck....Just yuck. No fancy words for it. A funk. Anyway, turns out I am just overstressed. Nuh-uh really? Seriously? I'm not crazy? I'm apparently not. Now, he did prescribe me some medication to help me for short term, but most importantly he wants me to go into therapy. I'm not real keen on the idea, but I'm going to go, at least once, tomorrow. We'll see how that works out for me. I'm the girls who likes to "pretend" that life is grand and I don't really like to talk about the "real" crap that is going on. Sooo, we'll see how that works out for me.

Besides that, not much of anything going on. Just a lot of work. I need a lot of rest, but that's not happening. I found out some frightful information when I stepped on the scale yesterday at the doctor, but I'll just "pretend" that wasn't "real" information either!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buffy,

As someone who has struggled with depression and SAD (season affective disorder) for years, I would recommend you take your doctor's advice with a grain of salt. Unless you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your doctor and have a longstanding relationship with him/her. I have often been referred to therapy (and then started to make crazy decisions like I wanted to leave my husband and/or kids and run off to Tahiti) when really what I needed was some time with a light box or to get my chemical imbalance straightened out with medication. (I know this because once I've used the light box or gone on meds, all of my "problems" have gone away.)

Certainly people have problems and stress, and talking about them can help to alleviate that. But it seriously irritates me when a medical professional brushes off a woman's dysthmia as something that can just be talked away.

Just my 2 cents. Take 'em for what they're worth. (About 2 cents)

Cheri Lewis said...

Hey Buff Buff,

Hang in there girl! I hope you had a fantabulous birthday party. DEPRESSION SUCKS! As you know, I have fought the beast for years now. I have my good days, my days where I think my life is "normal" again, and then just one thing can trigger it. I have also been suffering with panic attacks for about a year or so now. My depression and panic attacks have always been worse in the mornings or throughout the night.

I wish I knew what I could say to make you feel better. I hope knowing that you're not crazy and other people deal with the same stuff is useful. I SOOOO envy my brothers, neither one of them deal with this on a day to day basis like I do. Sure, they have bouts of frustration/anxiety and then they GET OVER it. I never seem to completely GET OVER IT! I think women are just wired so differently.

I love you friend!

I love your blog!

I

AM

A

STALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!