Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009...A new year...a new start?

Okay, so in reviewing my "goals" for last year because I refuse to call them resolutions....my #1 goal was to get my butt organized...um, yeah, that didn't happen. I even read the best book to help me...It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh...Professional organizer for the TLC hit Clean Sweep. It is an amazing book. Makes complete sense. He nailed me to a T. But, the bad news is...I read it on my trip to Vegas in April...so a lot of good that did me. Should have read it while I was at home so then I would have gotten up and started to work on the things that he said to work on. But, that's the other part of the problem...I don't have time to read at home. Shit. I'm so screwed. Okay....so I think I will attempt to re-read it this weekend and then put away my Christmas things. 27 tubs of Christmas things...Chris corrected me when I told someone 17....UH, no 27. Honestly, I didn't even put it all out. Snowman missing an eye...needs to be thrown away, etc. etc. I need to learn to Throw away and NOT HOARD!! My issues are magazines...mail....wrapping paper. I LOVE wrapping paper. But, I never seem to wrap because it's faster to buy a gift bag. My life is a revolving door of buts.....

I also mentioned an interest in a marathon in 2008. Yeah, that didn't work out for me either. I did get a trainer...I did work out and then....I got really busy with school and life and fell off the working out wagon. But, I do want to get back in shape...not concerned with the amount of weight I lose, I am interested in the size and the way my jeans feel...I'm not in the worst place I've been weight wise in my life, but I'm not exactly thrilled either. So, I will begin the walking program immediately. Thanks Mrs. Incredible for being such motivation to me!! You are amazing. I would love to be able to hug you at the finish line in Disney!!! You go girl!!

Okay, next...our goal was to go to Disneyland and California in 2008 and that we did...And it was amazing. The trip of a lifetime. It was great for our family. I will remember it forever.

Okay, so this year...Here's what I have put together. I want to.

1) Work on me. That includes but it is not limited to...my weight, my relationship with God, my relationship with myself. More time for Buff. OH, and for those of you that care, I have called a local physician and have a consultation scheduled for MY BIRTHDAY. I need to get my emotions under control, my anxiety, my (what I believe to be ADD) under control....So, anti-depressants...the gift that just keeps on giving...hahahaa!! That's funny.

2) Spend MORE TIME with MY children. I miss my kids. Yes, two of them go to work with me everyday, but I honestly hide from them all day so they don't get the "I wants".

3) Rethink my career path...seriously.

4) Work on the house. (I think that was a goal last year too..) Didn't happen.

5) ORGANIZE MY LIFE. I think you can go back to #1 on this one, but just in case....

Okay...so that's it. I guess. I've had a rough week. I know, I know...what's new right? I first felt God nudging me in a different direction...now I think it's his foot kicking my butt in a new one....Maybe that's just my translation of the situation...but whatever.

I'll keep you updated...

0 comments: