Sunday, January 11, 2009

Small world? Or I know a lot of people....

My favorite restaurant is Pappadeaux. Wasn't always. Chris took me there while we were dating for my birthday. It was HIS favorite restaurant that he took me to for MY birthday. Okay, I've gotten over that and found that I am IN LOVE with the Greek Salad. I don't eat anything else there except Grilled chicken and the Greek Salad, but he likes all that weird stuff. Anyway, we went there yesterday for lunch. We received a gift card from my brother for Christmas and decided to drive down for a late lunch. It's a good hour and a half from where we live.

So, we walk in and are seated right next to a couple that used to attend my church in Sherman. I stopped to say hello and visit with them. Chris said, "That is so weird that they would be sitting right next to us." It was weird. Coincidental? Well, since I don't believe in coincidences, couldn't be that. So, they finish their meal and tell us goodbye. Table gets sat again with a party of four. I don't really pay any attention...I'm too busy coloring with Maddy. They have REAL crayons at Pappadeaux!! :) I look up and immediately recognize the face sitting across from me. It is my 8th grade Health Science teacher from Paris! Now, Chris at this point doesn't believe me. He said, What's her name? I tell him. He then proceeds to swear that I think I know everyone from Paris. That she won't even know who I am and to lower my voice. Okay, so at that very moment she and I make eye contact and she calls me by my maiden name!! She knows me. She got up and came and hugged me and I introduced her to my kids. I asked about her daughter, whom I used to walk over from the elementary school when I was in junior high as a special treat for Mrs. Smith. She remembered so many details of my life. I thought that was so sweet. She asked about my Mom, etc. She then told me she was so proud of me. She told me that she was always happy to see students who had moved away and were doing great things with kids. That made me get a little teary!

Anyway, funny story...God does things sometimes that we may not understand, but I think it's so that we will take notice that he is in our lives everyday....

One day I'll tell you the extended version of meeting my friend Vegas in a Vegas bathroom and finding out that she lived two blocks from me. Coincidence? Nope, those don't exist. Everything happens for a reason....Oh, and on a side note...her name isn't Vegas. That's what we call each other because of where we met.

Have a happy week. I'm trying to!

1 comments:

Hilary said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I am blessed by them.

You say your husband got laid off at 'inconvenient" times like right before having a baby...well, maybe that means we are going to have a baby! :) We would love that. hehe But yes, there is no "convenient" time to lose a job! Thank you so much for sharing your story...it's encouraging to hear how God helps other people through similar situations. I know He'll bring us out of it just like He did for you!

Thanks again!

Hilary