Monday, February 2, 2009

It's February?

Is it seriously February already??? Where exactly did January go? Mason turns 5 this week. Five years ago I was laying in the hospital awaiting his arrival. He came waaaayy too early, but was really okay. I had to have surgery for kidney stones and was living a pretty miserable existence in that hospital bed. But, believing that was five years ago is hard.... Now he can write his name, run really, really fast and make me laugh. He gives the best hugs and I love him so, so, so much. He's my little man. He loves legos, hot wheels and his train track. He also loves soccer. (Too bad he can't play this season--doctors orders).

So, we're doing the big party at Chuck E. Cheese. ICK. It's a recipe for disaster for me. Saturday, Noon, Crowds, Chuck E. Cheese. UGH. But, that's what he wanted and that's what we're doing for him. I hope my Mom can make it. She's still sick with the flu. He invited quite a few friends from school. He is very excited about his party. I am going to commit the ultimate sin again and order his cake. I'm just too busy this week to bake and decorate one for him.

February is a special month to me because of his birth. Otherwise, I'm not a fan of Valentines. We are going to help our friend Shannon deliver flowers for Valentine's Day, but other than that...not a big day for us.

I found out tonight I was elected back onto the PTO board for next year. Yippee. Woo Hoo. Not really. But, I did it for Macy and so I will do it for Mason. It's hard to believe that next year Macy leaves the elementary campus at the same time that Mason joins it. I'll have one at two campuses. Maddy won't be able to start for a couple years. I'm trying to figure it out in my head, but I think that for a short period I will have one at every campus...wait...maybe not. I don't know.

Have a great week. Monday through Thursday really suck for me. I feel like I'm living each week waiting for the weekend...Friday I do okay because I know the next day is Saturday. I live paycheck to paycheck and Friday to Friday...that's pretty sad, huh? I need some meaning...A reason.

1 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

There's always a reason. :) LOVE YOU!!!! And yay for delivering flowers. How FUN!!!