Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mason Zane Hanson

Today Mason is 5! It's really so hard to believe. He was just a baby yesterday. He was so tiny when he was born and now he's a big man!! He's very tall! Mason was born about six weeks premature. He was born on the day that was to be my baby shower. I had been in and out of the hospital for about a month and they finally kept me there because of kidney stones. I would fall asleep in L&D and wake up in post-partum and wonder...did I have a baby? But, sometimes they would just move me over there to make room for mommies who were really having babies. He was so little I was afraid we needed a different car seat for him.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I never thought I would be a "boy" mom. But, I am. I love him so much. I think I tend to talk to him a little sweeter than the girls sometimes. I baby him too much. This past fall when we had the scare that he may have cancer I just couldn't even imagine my day without him. He's a good kid. I can't believe that he'll be in kindergarten this year. I love him so much. Here are some pictures of him through the past year. Some people say he looks JUST LIKE ME and others think he looks just like his Dad. I like to think he favors me just a smidge!! I'll scan a picture of me from this age and you can compare and tell me what you think. It's pretty funny.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was totally scared to mother boys until we brought ours home (I had only had girls up till that point). Now I loooooove it.. not only do you love them, but you can fall IN love with them.