Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wal Mart in December..

Need I say more? ICK! I told Chris today, I would rather take my own life than to have to go to Wal Mart on a Saturday during the month of December. All I needed was some tacky glue and some sticky tape for ornament night....40 minutes in line!! Seriously!! 40 minutes. Oh, and I had to park at the BACK of the parking lot, which actually is fine with me. That's fine. But, what isn't fine is that I have to wait in line to park in the back behind all the people who wait people out...you know those people, the people who put pressure on you to throw your bags in the car and run....I do not understand why they have not figured out that it would actually be faster just to park then to sit there and wait for the person that is trying to unload their groceries out of their basket into their car. I don't know about anyone else, but I have started just taking my time. I ever so carefully buckle each one of my children in (sometimes even Macy) just so they have to wait longer!! GET A LIFE. Stop being lazy and go park!!

40 minutes in line. Our particular Wal Mart is smaller than Sherman's. I like it better only because it is smaller. Out of 4 "express lanes" only one was open on each side. ONE! Out of probably 40 lanes...I would guess 15 were open. What's up with that? Saturday. 3:00 p.m. 19 days before Christmas.

Okay, I'm done. But seriously? I'm so over this already...so over it...

3 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

I went to Wal-Mart tonight, too. Yikes!!! For just glue and tacky putty, I say go to Target, Hobby Lobby, or even Home Depot just to avoid Wal-Mart.

And don't get me started on the FREAKS who hog the whole parking lane and then rush poor unsuspecting old people or moms with half a dozen kids to unload quickly. I have a whole blog entry in the works for those people. Ugh! They irritate me beyond words. BEYOND WORDS I tell you!!!

Anonymous said...

ROFL! This year I did ALL of my shopping online (which I am SO proud of... I think I am SO clever, I just sat in my chair in my jammies, and the UPS man brought everything to me... which was so exciting!). But it IS the stupid things like tape or a random set of headphones that will send me over the edge. So far I have managed to avoid entering Hell, I mean Wal-Mart only through my own creativity. If they don't sell it at my grocery store, I don't need it until January!

It makes for a very peaceful holiday season.
Corey

Amanda said...

my mom went to Wal-Mart earlier and was stunned!! she said all the lanes were open and everyone was nice but that it was CRAZY!