Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town.

Wow! This month has sped by! I am so looking forward to some time at home in the coming weeks. I will be off three days this week and two days next week. A total of 10 home days out of 14. I'll take that. We are going to drive to Houston on Christmas eve, which I'm sure will be a treat. (NOT). Six of us in a mini-van on Christmas eve traveling from Dallas to Houston....sound like fun to anyone else? Oh, and we are coming home the night of Christmas. Chris and my brother both have to get back to work. I do this in the name of my mother. I love my mom, she wants us to come and I can't say no. So, there you have it....My truck is going into the shop Friday. At least 1300.00 to fix the transmission. Lovely.

I am in a funk. Just a yuck funk. Tired. Gaining weight. Work stinks. Not feeling the Christmas spirit this year like I usually do. Don't feel the rush like I usually do to get it all done. Don't really care if it gets done quite frankly. I mean, I know it will, but I don't care about it like I usually do. I waited in line today at the post office for 20 minutes, at the bank for 15 minutes, waited to get into the Target parking lot for 10 minutes, only to become disgusted by the amount of people and keep driving past Target. Went to Bed, Bath and Beyond because I had a 20% coupon for there...Couldn't find anything I like and wasn't really interested in waiting in ANOTHER line.

In the last two days I lost five employees. Quit, gave notice, don't really care. I'm really okay with all of them leaving, with the exception of one. I loved her. I'm sad that she's moving on. She got a better offer. But the rest of them? See ya!! So, see why I'm in a funk. I lashed out at a friend a couple Sundays ago. I can't believe I did it. I felt like a butt after I did it and have fallen all over myself apologizing since that day. I think she's tired of hearing me say I'm sorry so she decided to forgive me. Oh. Or that's she's a Christian and understands the importance of forgiveness. I yelled at Macy on Friday for not having her house key. We were locked out of the house. Guess who else didn't have their key? ME!! So why was I yelling at my 11 year old about being responsible?

I just want to feel better. I'm in a yuck funk. That's what I'll call it....a yuck funk. On a brighter note, I have received the nicest Christmas gifts from students, friends, employees. My cook at the school bought me the neatest cupcake carrier. It's a cube. I love it. It holds 27 cupcakes at a time. I've gotten cupcake ornaments, Starbucks gift cards, a Willow Tree angel that I didn't have (Mother and Son), Bath and Body works, ornaments...love Christmas presents. Any presents for that matter!!! I got to have dinner with my friend Misty from Paris again Friday night. We met up at Target, shopped a little and went to have dinner and drinks. Love that girl!!!

Oh, and I have loved, loved, loved all the Christmas cards that I have gotten this year. I love getting the mail!! Macy has been at her Dad's since Friday. She is going to come home tomorrow and help me get ready for our trip Christmas eve. I'll be glad when she's home. I feel better when I wake up in the morning knowing that all my babies are under one roof.

1 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

'Tis the season for Yuck Funks. It's normal, but so not fun. Sorry you're putting up with ick. Is one of the teachers you've lost the one my Beast invited to dinner? That would be a huge loss!!!

Enjoy your Christmas. Don't worry about the "stuff", but just savor the moment. I know. Easier said than done. Do you need me to send you a text message?