Monday, December 1, 2008

Thank you....

Like my best friend Khaki can be quoted as saying today..."Did you ever think that you would be thanking God that your baby boy has Mono?" No, I didn't. But, he does and this is so much better than what we were originally told. We were undergoing studies for lymphoma. We still have more blood work to undergo tomorrow and an ENT evaluation on Thursday, but we did get a mono screen back today that is 100% positive. Very, very positive. It explains so much now that we have a diagnosis. So, pray for him to feel better real soon!! Thanks for all your encouraging emails, texts and messages today!! I felt you with me today!!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my goodness... I know that must be so scary!! what sweet sweet friends you have!! Let us know!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Thank God for Mono!! It should be a quiet month with lots and lots of sleeping. (right? I don't know.)

Corey

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad it's something not life-threatening.

Cheri Lewis said...

Hey Girlie,

Luke had mono when he was 5. I was too naive at first to realize just how scary the situation was. The pediatrician actually told us that it could possibly be leukemia. He was much better in 3 weeks time, but the weekly blood test thing was a nightmare!

We'll be praying for all of you.

YOU CAN DO THIS MY FRIEND! You're one tough mama!

Lots of love,
Cheri
F.R.O.G.

Hilary said...

I wanted to say thank you for joining me in my December Devotional Challenge! It felt so good for me to start today..i've really been missing it!
Thanks for writing me again, I got your email but there was no link to you..now I know what blog is yours!
I hope your devotions go awesome for you and that God does radical things in our lives!
I also pray your little boy gets better soon! So very glad it's not lymphoma - Praise God!
Feel free to keep me updated on how your devotions go..I would love to hear about it!
Blessings,
Hilary