Thursday, December 11, 2008

It can wait until tomorrow....

I am such a procrastinator. I work better under pressure. But, the crap that I put myself in the process is ridiculous. I was so proud of myself because I was pretty much done with all my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. Macy-check. Maddy-check, check, check. Mason-almost check. Mom-pretty close to a check. Chris-don't buy gifts for each other-check and then it hit me. All those extras....my friends, my employees, my childrens friends, Christmas cards, teachers, etc., etc., etc.

So, I need to get the obligatory picture of the kids. Thank goodness I took an awesome one at Disneyland this year. Do they all have on matching jammies, nope...Do they all have matching Christmas sweaters....nope!! But, they are happy. They are cute. The picture truly is reflective of who they are and the fun Summer that we had. So, I'm using that one. I'll go to Sam's tomorrow, pick them out and get those addressed this weekend. I also have to address all the Christmas cards for the entire staff at Macy's school because I'm on the PTO...in charge of hospitality.

It just adds up. Chris almost lost his job two days ago. Five other managers did at Love Field. He was safe...this time. It's scary. Very scary. So, I am thankful that our house is not in foreclosure. I am thankful that we can buy gifts. I am thankful that gas is $1.41 a gallon right now. I am thankful that for the most part our kids are healthy. I am thankful that I can stress out about Christmas gifts instead of stressing out about not being able to even purchase them. I'm thankful that Chris and I got to have dinner alone last night at my favorite dive in Sherman. I am thankful. God is good...all the time.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the way you think! People need to think outside the box more with Christmas pictures! As long everyone looks good, go with it! :)

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Yay for things to be thankful for!!! Christmas is about stopping to enjoy the spirit more than anything else. Good job finding that!