Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pray for me today...

For, I am embarking on a trip into the shopping frenzy also known as Frisco, Texas. UGH! Macy has a birthday party for a friend who lives in Frisco and her Daddy couldn't get her there, so Chris and I are taking her and while we wait we are taking the little ones to Build a Bear (yes, I do love that place) and letting Maddy and Mason make the reindeers for their GoGo for Christmas (she collects them-reindeers, not Build a Bears). I have to go to James Avery to get Macy's yearly charm. Not sure what I'll pick up, but I love, love, love that place. I have decided for all my incidental gifts, that I'm sticking to an ornmanet. Not just any ornament, a hand picked, this meets your personality ornament. My girlfriends, my employees, my teachers, my childrens friends....I just couldn't bear the thought of going overboard this year. So, I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and Kohl's and am already almost done!! I'm so excited!! I love Christmas ornaments and can remember where I got every one I have and from whom. I also bought a new cupcake ornament for our ornament gift exchange at the school next week. Had to give it a little "Buffy" flavor. I've also come to love a blog that I just stumbled across and got her a couple ornaments that I'm going to mail to her. Isn't it crazy how you become "friends" with people across the internet. Craziness people!!

So, there was a tornado in my town this week. Shocking that I didn't even know that it was 1/4 mile from my house until I woke up the next morning. I heard the storms, I woke Chris up and told him it was bad. He told me I was dramatic and to go back to sleep, so I did. In case I have never told you....I am a news junkie. CNN. Fox news. Local news. Dallas morning news. My hometown newspaper...I think I got that from both my parents, but for whatever reason..it's what I love...news. So, I click on Fox news.com and there it is Possible tornado hits N. Texas town. I clicked on it...DENISON!! My town. So, I went to the local news channel. All of my friends streets are listed. I totally panicked. I started calling everyone at 6 a.m. Luckily, a lot of them were up, never had gone to sleep, etc. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured!! Praise GOD!! I am pretty upset because it has come out in the news that the sirens are non-functioning. Did I mention that I got my tax statement for 2009 in the mail yesterday? What am I paying taxes for? This stuff to work people!!

So, remember me today while I drive to Dallas with three children, a husband that doesn't like to shop and a budget!!!!

1 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Frisco?!?! THE MALL?!??! Do you have a death wish?? Be sure you live a little bread crumb trail so you can at least find your car when, and if, you ever finish.

Glad you guys are okay after the tornadoes that came through there. Yikes!