Thursday, January 31, 2008

Not that anyone really cares...BUT

Here's the lowdown on the last 9 days of my life....

Tuesday Jan. 22. Um, can't remember. Oh, I did almost have a wreck. The roads were icy. YUCKY!
Wednesday Jan. 23. Um, can't remember.
Thursday Jan. 24, Um, still can't remember.
Friday, Jan. 25. I remember!! Spent the morning working on Cinco de Mayo fundraiser stuff for the school. Went to Target and spent way too much money, but had fun doing it!! Lunch at Cheddars with Nicole. YUMMY!! Had to fire an employee. That sucked. I'm not good at that. Do you get good at that? I mean, does it ever become easier? It made me sad. And everyone that knows me well, knows that I'm a crier. It was sad. Can't remember what I did Friday night. FINALLY paid off Chris' truck on Friday. That was great! Oh, I remember what I did Friday night. We FINALLY implemented a Parents Nite Out at the church. Guess who worked it? Chris and I! Just like the old days. Chris and I don't get to go out, we babysit everyone elses kids. But, we had fun doing it!!
Saturday Jan. 26. We spent the day in Dallas. We went to Mardel (ever been there? Coolest store) and I bought curriculum books for the next three months. We had lunch with my brother and my Mom. It was so cool! Jake and I agreed on Cheddars for lunch. How funny that we had both eaten there the day before. Anyway, when I got to the table my Mom had four cute, different cupcake gift bags overfilling with cupcake presents. It was a cupcake themed birthday and I loved every second of opening the gifts. I got cupcake plates, bowls, cups, scrapbook stuff, pencils, chocolate. You name it! It was fun and I was spoiled. Chris and I and the kids headed to Frisco. The mall was a BEATING. It was like Christmas time. ICK. Have I ever told you that crowds and I don't get along. It was not fun. So, we get back at 6:30 p.m. I was back out of the house in my new cute Levis and at City Limits by 7:00 for my girls only birthday party. It was spectacular. So, I get there and turn my blinker on for the front parking space. Score!! Great parking place. So, some lady walks into the space as I'm turning into it and tells me that she's "saving" the spot. Seriously? Are you kidding me? I don't think so. It was pure drama. So, all these girls are standing outside the door and NONE of my friends have arrived yet. Great. Well, I'm not walking in there without some backup. They were all skinny little things in cut off shorts and tank tops. Did I mention it was 45 degrees outside. They were me 15 years ago. So, my friends get there and we decided to eat appetizers for dinner. Yummy. I actually was able to consume two margaritas and they were fantastic. They got me a birthday cake with 32 candles on it. It was just fun. Pure fun. We were home by 10:30. I'm old.
Sunday, Jan. 27. Church. Laundry. Cleaned the pantry. Grocery shopping. Woo Hoo!
Monday, Jan. 28. Can't remember.
Tuesday, Jan. 29. Church Council. 14 hour day at work.
Wednesday Jan. 30. 14 hour day at work.
Thursday, Jan. 31. Not a great day AT ALL. Drama at school. Came home by 3. I have had enough and can't wait for a "jamma" Saturday....Counting down. Tomorrow's a funeral at the church. It's at 2. Car pool at 2:15. Mass chaos, I'm sure. Something to look forward to.

My battery on my laptop is about to die, I must go for now....

1 comments:

K said...

Seriously, you crack me up. Glad you had a great weekend. I am amazed at the amount of energy you must have. A normal 8.5 hours at work just about does me in. I'm just doing my time until I can be freed.