Saturday, February 2, 2008

Organization...

I used to be organized. Seriously I did!! I used to have all matching notebooks that were the color that most resembled the book cover. I had it all together. And then I had more than one child and that was shot out the window. The Container Store makes my tummy do flip flops. It brings me excitement like nothing else! I love organization, I just am not acheiving it at this point. I don't know what it is, whether it's lack of time, lack of brain power, I'm not sure. But, I definitely don't have it. But, I guess if you think of it like this...I have three jobs. I'm the director at the school, I'm the children's program coordinator for the church and I type for Dr. Morales. I have three kids. I have a husband that helps sometimes. (Nice way to put it). I am on numerous committees and boards. Maybe if I was home more I would be better. I have a hard time throwing things away. I'm not a hoarder, but I hate to throw away magazines. I hate to throw away paper without shredding it first. NOT that anyone would want my credit, but you know what I mean! Oh, my closet used to be organized like a Goodwill. Color coded like the rainbow. No sleeves (don't wear those anymore), short sleeves, long sleeves. Now I'm lucky if it's hanging on a hanger. I had someone come in and organize my office at work and that was awesome EXCEPT that I have a photographic memory and I can remember where something is even if it's under 3 feet of paperwork and now when I go to find something that used to be there, it's gone. I don't know why I'm going on and on about this except that yesterday I couldn't find something I needed and it's bugged the heck out of me since. AND then last night I couldn't find our new insurance cards....they were still connected to the paperwork they came in the mail on. My purse is a wreck. My armoire is a wreck. My desk is a wreck. I have stacks everywhere. I need the urge to hit me to throw away. I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting. Nope, still didn't hit.

Chris is on a rampage today of cleaning and handy work around the house. Whatever. I'm typing my life away for another weekend so we can go to Disneyland. I'm so proud of us. We opened a savings account this week. Actually, we opened TWO of them!! A Christmas account and a Disney account. I really hope THIS is our year. I really pray that. Everyday. Let us survive this job. Please GOD!

Mason's birthday is this week. I can't believe my Mr. Man is going to be 4. He's amazing!! He's funny. He loves his Mommy. My friend Cheri said when she found out I was having a boy that I would make a good boy Mom. I wasn't so sure. I wasn't CRAZY about boys. I really wanted another girl. But, he is MY MAN. There is a different bond between boys and girls. I feel as though he loves me 10 times what Macy and Maddy love me and I LOVE that. I baby him more than the girls. I feel worse for him when he gets in trouble. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls. But, it's different. He's excited for his party. He's doing that things that kids do, they invite EVERYONE to their party without invitations. So, I'm sure we'll have extra kids at the party on Friday that I wasn't planning on, but that's fine. We'll have a good time.

Well, I must go. I need to work. I'm so excited to be home in my jammas today!!

1 comments:

The Bounds Family said...

I totally know what you mean about loving your "boy". Happy Birthday Mason.