Saturday, February 23, 2008

Aaaahhh, Saturday.

WOW! What a week it has been. I went back to work. I felt better. But, I'm having some staffing situations! Seriously, ever heard of showing up to work? Ever heard of calling in if you're not going to make it? I'm shocked by peoples lack of work ethic. Shocking. My mom taught me at a very young age to work hard and be honest in doing it. She apparently didn't teach everyone. It's been a rough one at work. I'm thankful that it's Saturday and I survived! The State showed up for an unannounced visit. It's done now and there's nothing I can do. Oh well. Tomorrow is Key Learning Center's 1st Birthday! We're having a party! Cake, lunch, good stuff! I can't believe it's been a year. I've learned a lot and more importantly, I survived. And no children have been hurt in the last year!! I'm excited about the next 20 years!! I know we'll do it! You never know what God has in store for you and this year he certainly had a lot in store for me! I'm proud of what we've accomplished and can't wait for so much more!

I booked our flight and hotel for our Vegas trip. I also went ahead and told Chris. I was scared that if it came down to it that he wouldn't be able to get off. So, we're very excited and looking forward to some away time. I called my mom and asked her to help with the kids and she is going to take off of work for four days and keep them. That is such a blessing! I will not worry one second about them now, maybe about her, but I know they'll be fine.

I have a very special weekend coming up! My reunion with my BEST FRIEND-KHAKI. We are having a girls weekend. We are going to Canton and who knows what else? We are so excited to spend some time together. The husbands get the kids and we get to go spend money!! How exciting. Except that Kathryn is my voice of reason. I can hear her now, "Do you really NEED that?" Oh, but I do! I do!! I need that soup mix and teacher sign and pillowcase that costs 25.00! I do! She's better than having a husband around anytime when it comes to thinking about what kind of money you're spending!! So, I'm going to dust off my old lady shopping cart and clean out the SUV because we're going to CANTON!! Yea!!

0 comments: