Thursday, February 7, 2008



Well, I did it. I have committed the ultimate sin....Today, I ordered my sweet baby boy a store bought cake. Now, to some of you that's not that big a deal. But, to me...IT'S HUGE....When I was growing up I used to feel sorry for the kids that had store bought cakes. I thought that meant they were poor. Little did I know it was actually us who were poor. It's so weird, I know. But, in my little kid head I didn't get it. So, I have always made my kids cakes. It's a big, big deal for me. It's brought me joy, it's brought me tears, Chris and I have fought over it, but more than anything...it's a sense of pride that I have in my kids cakes. But, today I decided the only person it was a big deal to was me. Not Mason or Maddy or Macy or Chris. But, it's a big deal to me. And I am just too tired. I can't do it. I cant' be creative and "together" right now. I'm just too tired. So, I called my Mom and asked her if I was a bad mom if I ordered his cake and she of course told me no. MOTHERS APPROVAL. CHECK. So, I called Sam's bakery and they were just nice as they could be. So, my sweet 4 year old boy will get his Transformers cake tomorrow. He is so excited.




Four years ago tonight I got to hold my baby boy for the first time. He was born with fluid on his lungs 6 weeks premature and I didn't get to hold him for the first 10 hours of his life. God sent me the sweetest little boy in the world. I am so thankful for him, even if he is the reason I'm already going grey!!




HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY MASON ZANE HANSON.


I love every ounce of your boyness!!






0 comments: