Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My friend Vegas.

I have this friend...I call her Vegas. She calls me Vegas. (We met on a plane to Vegas). I love her with all my heart. She has been my friend since July 4, 2002. I can tell her anything and she doesn't judge me. She is having her first baby in February. A while back I sent an email to my Mom that was sent between her sister and I and I said some not so nice things because I was mad that I couldn't be included in her baby shower hosting. (So juvenile of me). So, my Mom replied to ALL with her outspoken view on the whole subject!! How embarrassing. So things have been strained between the two of us since then. We haven't spoken a lot since then (like October). But, we never went THERE with the conversation when we did talk. I knew that she knew and she knew that I knew that she was pissed and I was pissed, etc. Sooooooo, anyway.....she called tonight and I just told her that I loved her and that I didn't want to make 5 years of an awesome friendship go away because I was a brat. I do love her. Her shower is next Saturday and I am now going to go. I soooo adore her. I can't wait to shop for her new baby. I'm excited. Isn't it crazy that I'm almost 32 and sometimes I still feel like a high school girl? So stupid. That was the highlight of my day.


OOOOOOOhhhhhh, and I finally went to the podiatrist for my gross toenail. Ick. I will not go into the details, but most of the toenail is now gone and I have to go back in a month. Macy refused to watch. I don't blame her. It was pretty gross. And did anyone know how expensive Betadine is? Oh my gosh. So expensive.


I got to cook for 60+ kids today. Our cook called in sick. At 6:19. Lovely.


My kids are in rare form tonight. I drove to Wal Mart, bought everything for a yummy Frito chili pie and they want donuts, chocolate and fruit loops. Lovely. Why do I even bother.


My four days of rest have just gone down the drain with one evening at home with them. Chris had to work on his day off. He has to work every day this week. I may get to see him on Saturday. Sometimes I think we're just passing through life trading car seats. We had another night with two kids in our bed until he just moved to Mason's bed. Can you just see big ole' Chris in a twin bed?


I wish that I had more interesting things to say. But, I don't. Sorry.

0 comments: