Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Exhaustion is setting in.

Today was another exhausting day. My phone rang at 11 p.m. last night. It was Macy's friends mom. Her dad was in the hospital. He was having heart attack. So, I made another run to the ER to pick her up. She is such a sweet girl. She was scared. But, she needed a good nights rest. I'm glad her Mom called. I like when I say, "Let me know if you need anything" and then people do. I like people that just ask. So, sweet Katie came and climbed into bed with Macy. I was up by 5 this morning to finish my tapes. Then I had to write notes for Katie. She didn't have her backpack, homework, clothes, etc. Thank goodness her and Macy at the same size. Turns out...it wasn't a heart attack. Gallbladder attack. (Which I can say from experience feels pretty stinking crummy!!)

I had an emotional day at work today. My favorite "old man" died. He was in his 90's. I sat next to him at Lion's Club on Wednesdays. He had a blackberry!! He was cool. He had the coolest card that said he was "retired." Just TIRED!! He was funny. He saw smart. I was floored by his death. That's what I was greeted with at the door, the news of his death.

I cleaned upstairs today. My office is about clean (THANK YOU BRENDA)!! I can see a desk and the floor!! I feel like so much happened today, I can't even put it into words. Maybe when I'm not tired I can.

Mason's hand is better. His "bubble" popped. It's 10 times better than I expected.

Chris made it a whole day today without a migraine! Praise GOD!

Today is my high school sweethearts birthday. Isn't that weird that I remembered that today when I wrote the date? Bizarre! I met him in 1990 and 18 years later I remember his birthday! My birthday is this weekend. No plans. I'm saving that for next weekend!! I want a night out with my girlfriends. I need a night out. I'm even fine with no "beverages." Load me up on a good coffee and greasy french fries and let's call it a night!!

Well, I think I'm going to crawl into bed with my husband while there isn't a child there. Somehow last night I ended up in Maddy's toddler bed for 5 hours. That was a killer on the back today!!

Please continue to pray for Tate Lewis! He is doing well. Out of ICU. They had to insert a chest tube and that's scary stuff. My friend Cheri is so gifted at making these adorable little videos. She is so strong and I love hearing her laughter on the tape. I miss her!! CHERI-I MISS YOU!!

0 comments: