Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Today was the day...

That I decided I was done being run over. I'm done. I'm done with my sister thinking that the world revolves around her but claim that I think it revolves around me. I'm devastated that I only have one sister and I no longer will allow her to be involved in my life. I'm done. I'm officially, done. I have not seen her since last New Years. I have not spoken to her since January 19th of last year on my nieces birthday. Didn't hear from her on my birthday, didn't hear from her on my kids birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. And then her husband to be (#4 for her) decided that it would be in his best interest to send my mother and I an ugly email. So, I decided to be a big girl and pray and seriously think about what I wanted to say to her. And then came today, when she decided to send me a "friend request" on Myspace. So, I sent her an email explaining to her that she needed to give me some time to calm down and that when I decided that I was ready to discuss the problems with our family and relationship that we could get together in person and talk. Her response....NOT nice. I'm devastated. I'm sad. I got the email at work and immediately went into instant meltdown. I had to sit at my desk for 2 hours before I was okay to drive. It's like a death to me. I lost my sister today. I'm done.

I do have to say that I had a very nice conversation with an old acquaintance this afternoon during my meltdown and she made me feel so much better. She and I actually worked together at our first job in Paris. (Go Super One)!! She ended up calling me to see if we had an afterschool program back in November and we ended up figuring out that we had known each other for over 15 years!! CRAZINESS! She is living in Sherman now and it was so nice to have a conversation with her!!

So, I have that headache that you get after you cry. I have that exhaustion that you have after you cry. I guess it is what it is. I'm just so angry and sad and pissed!!

Okay, so now I have vented.

I would like to ask that all my "readers" out there (all 5 of you) please remember my dear sweet friend Cheri Lewis and her family and especially her son Tate as he undergoes a pacemaker implantation at the end of this week in Houston at Texas Children's Hospital. She has been my friend for about eight years and I love her so. I love her kids. Just lift her up in your prayers!! Lift Tate up as he undergoes this very important surgery! Tate is 5 years old. Here is a link to his care page. Cheri is my friend that I first mentioned as my inspiration for this page!!

I'll be in touch soon. This is a busy week for me. Children's museum board meeting tomorrow (check out the museum if you haven't already), BUNCO (YEAH!!!) Thursday, nothing Friday and baby shower on Friday!! Yippee!!

0 comments: