Saturday, January 12, 2008

4 days, 2 ER visits...

Second week of January-4 days, 2 ER visits. Is this how it's going to be? I don't mean to complain, but SERIOUSLY! I need a break. It started on Wednesday. Normal day. Finished at the church about six. I called Chris on my way to my Children's Museum Board meeting. He had a migraine. He said he was fine and had taken his medicine and that I didn't need to come home. So I went ahead and went to the museum. I was there less than five minutes and Macy called concerned about her Topher. I told her that he was fine and that I would be home in less than an hour. Less than a minute after that phone call Chris called from his cell phone. He had collapsed in the bathroom floor. I flew out of there. Thank goodness for good friends. I was able to drop my kids off down the street and get him in the car and to the ER. It was the worst migraine of his life. It was painful to watch. He was crying and banging his head on the window. It was scary. So, we got to the ER. They were helpful and prompt. He got two shots in his rump and got the giggles. It would have been funny if I weren't so tired and worried. The doctor explained that his migraines are also considered "suicide migraines." They are so bad that sometimes people commit suicide from them. Thankfully, I have an "in" with the neurologists in town and was able to get him in to the neurologist on Friday. He is now on a preventative medicine, an abortive therapy for the migraine, Phenergan for nausea, Stadol for major pain and a steroid for 7 days. But, I think he's going to be okay now. So fast forward to tonight. Chris and I were in the living room and the kids were playing in their room. (We thought). NOPE! Maddy had plugged in the iron in our bedroom floor and Mason touched it with his right hand. So, his palm was severely burnt. He went into shock. So, out the door to the ER I headed again with the other "man" in my life. He was a mess!! It broke my heart. By the end of it, and a little Lortab, he had the giggles. He's laying at the end of the couch with me right now. He has a second degree burn and we're just going to have to "doctor" it for a few weeks. Poor little guy. Thank goodness tonight for M&M's from Heather's shower, a new Pez dispenser shaped like a football with the Longhorn label and the 2008 Lakeshore catalog. I would not have survived our ER visit without any of them!! It kept him distracted!! Ever see One Fine Day with Michelle Pheiffer? That's my purse. I can do anything with that purse full of tricks!!

In between our ER visits, life has been relatively good. Thursday night I headed to my first Denison Bunco. It was fun. We didn't play Bunco, but it was A LOT of fun. We had an awesome dinner and even better conversation. We laughed so much and so hard that my face hurt. That's the sign of some good times. We made the decision to walk the Race for the Cure 3 day Breast cancer event in November together. We're walking from Dallas to Fort Worth. We are doing it to honor our friend Dawn who is battling her third bout of breast cancer. She is Stage 4. But, let me tell you something about her. She is AMAZING!! She is not a "poor me" kind of gal. She is fighting this. She is mouthy and strong and hilarious. I LOVE her so much!! Her honesty is beautiful! Her dream is to meet Ellen DeGeneres. Any ideas on how we can hook her up with that??? AND we need a team name...we're looking for suggestions. Dawn's.....????? enter name here. Funny story..we had our palms read last month together. I'm not really into this, but it was sooo interesting. Well, Dawn had a "good" reading. Her life line is long and it made a difference to her to hear it. She said that since then, she has turned over a new leaf in her life. As she puts it, "She is wearing her fake book again and wearing lip gloss." She's so funny. And happy and beautiful. But, more than anything FUNNY!! I bought her crayons for Christmas because she is a fellow crayon lover. I LOVE CRAYONS!! She wrote me a thank you note today in crayons and drew me a picture of us together!! How cute and witty is that???


Today (Saturday) we took Macy to see her Daddy. He still isn't up to par, but she missed him and he missed her. We spent some time at Toys R Us. I got to look around Sam Moon, we had an overpriced lunch at Steak and Shake (LOVE IT) and then we headed home. Today was Heathers shower. It was very nice. She got a ton of clothes and 4 monitors. Ha! She looked so pretty. I can't wait to meet Jaxon! Isn't that the cutest name? She is going to be a great Mommy!

Tomorrow is church and me working on tapes. I have six to get done by Monday. So, we shall see!!

Here's hoping we have no more ER visits for awhile. Mason is going to be on Lortab for a few days. Poor kiddo. Chris only had one headache today, which is good!! Please keep us in your prayers. But, more importantly, please remember my friend Cheri and her son Tate as he undergoes heart surgery on Tuesday!!

0 comments: