Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A few updates...

Wesley came home today! Praise God. They still have quite a bit of recovery to go...he is having vision issues still. He is out of sick time and vacation days with the police department. I personally think that if fellow officers want to donate their time to him, they should be allowed to, but this under consideration right now. Please remember the Bounds in your prayers. They are the sweetest family!

Mason is doing better with the soccer thing. He and I and Chris have been taking turns in the front yard kicking the ball. I think we may be okay. I went to the TSA meeting tonight and our uniforms are PURPLE. WOW!! Purple for a boys under 4 team. Okie dokie. Oh well. At least I'm not the crazy Mommy who is having massive fits about it. She is willing to do whatever she has to do (pay a lot of $$) to have all the uniforms replaced. I just think we should call ourselves the People Eaters and get on with life. Too funny! I crack myself up.

School is busy, busy, busy. We have over 110 enrolled. Everyday it's someone new. A new allergy. A new Mommy. A new cry. A new biter. A new employee!! In fact, today two new employees started. They are seniors at Austin College and they are BOYS!! And the kids LOVE THEM!! I think that it is important to have male influences in these kids lives and so I encourage boys/men to apply. We have two retired men that volunteer with us through our local Foster Grandparent program and the kids LOVE them. (And yes they have all cleared background checks). I would trust my kids with any of them in an instant. They truly are "grandparents" to our kids. They are happy because of these kids and the kids are happy because of them. I think they have such great hidden talents. Mr. Jimmy is a computer whiz and makes coloring sheets for the kids with his face and Ms. Jessica's face. He is working on a calendar for Ms. Jessica with pictures of the kids and all their birthdays for Christmas. So, so, so sweet. So many times people are dismissed because of their age, but this group of people is so very special to all of us!

I am Mommy....I am tired.

Busy, busy, busy week. Last night Open House meeting at Macy's school. Tonight TSA soccer meeting...tomorrow night...church....Thursday night...soccer practice....Friday....MACY TURNS 11. Friday night...soccer practice and an ice cream social at the school immediately following...Saturday...Macy's big par-tay at the mall in Frisco. Build a Bear, Cheesecake factory, pedicures for five girls followed by a sleepover at our house. Mason and Maddy both have birthday parties for friends that day at 5 that Chris has been assigned to attend. Sunday...return the girls to their houses, go to church...go to my Mom's and help her pack some more.

Whew....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Austin College boys, you're right... such a good influence!

I'm totally a fan of the People Eaters... can you imagine what psycho mom will think of that one!

Oh, and the grandparents are great too.