Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I need it.

I have decided that I need a week without my phone, a week without my computer, a week without email, a week without my husband asking me stupid questions...Starbucks...I have not made that decision yet. I don't know how I will get by, but I'm sure I will. I am so tired. I'm tired of parents thinking that it is appropriate to call me at 8:45 at night to ask me a question about school. Do their customers call them at home at 8:45 for every little detail. I have 120 parents people!! Don't call me. Can you believe people? Now, let me clarify, if you're my friend and you have a question and you also happen to be a parent, I'm good with that, but complete stranger parents? Not so much. As a society, I think that we have all become so programmed to check the bank balance, check the email, check voice mail, check my call log 50 times a day...I'm tired of checking. Sometimes I just ignore my email for a week because it takes too much effort to hit reply. Know what I mean? I'm exhausted by the day to day details of crap. I got subpoenaed in ANOTHER child custody case. Seriously, never, never considered that when I took this job. The other day CPS showed up and showed her credentials...I was just like...WHO TODAY? Two years ago I would have just wrung my hands over it. Not today. It's a monthly thing. I have learned to let go of a lot of the crap with this job. Things that two years ago would have gotten me into a frenzy just get a shoulder shrug from me these days. I'm excited about my trip with Macy. Macy is excited about her trip with me. And those are the things that are most important to me right at this moment....

0 comments: