Thursday, October 23, 2008

And it's official....

I am going to Camp Goddard with Macy. What is Camp Goddard you ask? It is a camp that the 5th Graders in the area (and other areas actually) attend as a sort of a coming of age thing of sorts. You sleep in cabins. You go on trails and boat and take archery classes. I went to 6th Grade Camp when I lived in California. I loved it!! So, I am pleased that I was chosen to go. I am sad to leave Mason and Maddy, but Daddy will have things under control here with them and with the help of dear friends who help get them home from preschool until Daddy can get there.

HOWEVER, it has now come to my attention that there will be NO STARBUCKS FOR 5 DAYS. THERE WILL BE NO SONIC FOR 5 DAYS. THERE WILL BE VERY LITTLE CELL PHONE USAGE FOR 5 DAYS. THERE WILL BE NO COMPUTER FOR 5 DAYS. NO INTERNET FOR 5 DAYS. NO EMAIL FOR 5 DAYS. I asked Macy how I was going to make it and she stated..."SUCK it up...you're going." Lovely. Great advice from my 11 year old.

So, now I'm on to my planning for the trip. You wouldn't beleive all the things we have to pack. But, truly, I am excited to spend this time with Macy. Who knows if she'll even speak to me next year when shes in MIDDLE SCHOOL, right? And Macy was my only baby for so long and then two others came along so quickly and we don't get to spend a lot of Mommy and Macy time together. So, for that I am excited. We're trying to come up with some cool ideas of fun stuff to do for the girls in the cabin. 8 of them!! I am going to order personalized M&M's tomorrow. I'm excited. So, if you think I have fallen off the face of the earth in November, I haven't. I've just fallen into the mountains of Oklahoma......

0 comments: