Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mom's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! I had a great day. First off, my kids all woke up in great moods. They all crawled into bed with me at 7 in the morning and were happy. What a great way to start Mother's Day, huh?? So, we went to Starbucks together. Too bad my kids take after their mother and like everything there, huh? We went to church. I delivered the children's message today and that went very well. We had a great crowd for Sunday school which made me happy. We all went to Mom's. I got to hang out with my brother until Mom got home. We met Chris and went to a "homestyle" restaurant in Garland. Now, here's the thing with that. I think in suburban areas..more and more people don't get "homestyle" meals. Well, at our house you do. So, we weren't that impressed. But, it was good to spend time together. My mom spoiled me as usual. She got me this really cool tray for my laptop. My brother even spoiled me...he got me a giftcard for Sonic and a giftcard for Starbucks. He hearts me!! How sweet that my baby brother buys his big sis mothers day gifts? I heart him! Chris got me roses. More than anything for mothers day, I wanted the kids rooms to be clean and the yard to be mowed. Well, the yard is mowed. So, I'm happy.

My sweet girls from work, "the twinz", as we refer to them had a loss in their family Saturday. Their grandmother died. We were at continuing ed all day on Saturday at Austin College and their sweet Mom waited all day to tell them so they wouldn't have to miss their continuing ed classes. I'm so sad for them. They are such sweet girls. Please keep them in your prayers. I was a freshman in college when I lost my grandfather. They just finished their freshman year in college. It was by far one of the hardest days of my life. I pray for their strength.

Anyway, this day I am thankful my mom, my kids, my husband, my brother, my friends, my job, my students, my staff. I'm am just thankful. I feel refreshed...that's a good feeling!

May each and everyone of you have a blessed week!!!

Oh...Maddy and I had a "date" on Friday. She got her first haircut and we went to Panera for lunch. Just she and I....she kept saying over and over...Girls only...No boys allowed!! I love her sooo.

0 comments: