Saturday, March 22, 2008

Soooo, get this....

My sister....whom I have not spoken to since last year because of a ton of things....See previous posts.....contacts my EX husband this week and asks if she can see Macy on one of HIS weekends. Um, don't remember signing a custody agreement with her. See, she is getting married for the fourth time (she's 30). Never, in my children's life has she brought the same male to Christmas two years in a row. Explain that to your kids. Explain that to her kids. I'm totally shocked by her boldness here. She sent him a long and drawn out email explaining how everything was my fault, how my brother and I were my Mom's favorites, blah, blah, blah. Hhhhhhhm, how about some self reflection time? Is it just me? No. She's not talking to my Mom, my Dad, my brother, my grandmother...Like I told my Dad...she's an equal opportunity hater. She wants to paint a poor me picture because no one will be at her wedding. WAAAA!!! I have not been to any of her weddings. I was never invited. I remember telling my EX husband when she married the first time (two weeks after he and I got engaged) in a quickie wedding in Vegas that I wasn't really sad about missing it because I knew it wouldn't be her last wedding and boy was I right. She was just trying to beat me to the altar. Hope she had a fun race. The sad part of all of this is....she is my sister. I love her because she is my sister. I miss my nieces. But, in all honesty, she is not someone that would be a part of my life by choice. Meaning, if she were someone that I met socially in my community, she would not be a friend of choice. We are 15 months apart. We have the same Mom, same Dad, grew up with the same set of rules, circumstances....But, at some point she took one path and I took another. I was in LOVE with school. I excelled because I wanted to. She barely made it through. She had a child her senior year in high school. I was too busy with important things in high school like UIL and scholarship forms and college applications to think about having a BABY! I love church. She makes fun of me for it. (or has in the past). The thing that she doesn't get...I guess in contacting my EX husband is that even though there is an EX in front of it....he is still my friend. He is not my EX friend. He is my friend. He is my confidant. We are raising a beautiful child together. We did not make it together, but we certainly have made it as parents together. I am blown away by the line that she crossed on this one. I guess because she doesn't get along with her ex husbands than she thinks that I don't either. Well, wasn't she mistaken on this one?????? Definitely!! Now, I sit back and think about whether I ignore her latest move or call her on it. I'm not sure it's worth my energy!

0 comments: