Friday, December 28, 2007

Thank God it's Friday.

Not much to say today. My brain hurts. This is all I will say.

Family drama is ridiculous. I'm 31 years old and the last thing I need is family drama. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. The main thing that is important in this situation is that we are grown adults and to have someone else do your "dirty work" is ridiculous. Tell the TRUTH. Tell the TRUTH. Tell the TRUTH. I am so proud that I can make this statement...

I love my husband. But, I do not need my husband to survive. I can pay my own bills. (In fact, I do). I bought my house with my money and it is in my name. I take care of my kids, I cook, I clean (or actually my housekeeper cleans), I go to work, I go to church, and I don't need Chris to validate those things for me. When Darin and I divorced, I didn't know how to take care of myself. I had relied on him so much. I'm so proud of those really crummy years when I was waiting tables at the Fish Fry and babysitting and taking care of my Bubba. It taught me to be self-reliant. I love Chris. I'm glad he's my husband. I'm glad that we share our lives together with our kids, but I don't NEED Chris to make me happy. I think that's the key here....make yourself happy first. Learn to take care of yourself and you'll be okay. Don't rely on Mom or Dad to clean up your messes. Don't rely on other people to take care of YOU or your kids. Okay, I'm done. I'm soooooooooo done with the drama today. I'm tired. Mentally, physically, emotionally and when I'm calmer, I will say the things that I really want to say. But, right at this moment, I am censoring myself. And that's pretty sad.

0 comments: