Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas...and I have insomnia...Lovely.

I have a friend who has a "blog" of sorts for her son who was born sick. I'm addicted to it. I love how she keeps us all up to date on her life, her kids lives, etc. So, I guess that's what I'm doing. I'm also trying to find somewhere to keep better track of day to day activities....if that makes sense.

So, I'm at Mom's for Christmas. It's 4 in the morning and I can't sleep. Lovely. Mason is asleep with me. Chris is on the couch and Macy and Maddy are on the pull out bed. Poor Chris. The thing is, he can sleep anywhere, so I let him. We have this thing in our house that we call Musical Beds. I didn't coin the term, another friend with little kids did, but it nailed it on the head. Why oh why can't they just stay in their beds? Why do I have to sleep with a foot in my back, a finger in my eye or constant crying? I have only been this tired three times before in my life and that was when they were all infants. They are 10, 3 and 2 now. Don't you think I deserve a break?

Chris has to work today which sucks. He has to go in at 10. So, we'll get up in a couple hours, open gifts and off to work he'll go. It will be quiet around here except for the fact that Mason and Maddy can't be quiet. Macy is going back to her Dad's this morning, too. So, it will be a small bunch. But, it has been for the most part...stress free. Which is good. Stress free is good. A step up from where we normally are this year. Maybe me and Mom can take the kids for a walk to the lake.

Can you believe Starbucks is closed today? How dare they. Just kidding. I will go into withdraw!!

Well, I feel as though I have really said nothing important....but that's normally how my life goes anyway....

Until next time....

0 comments: